Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Joho the Blog: Public Radio Program Directors

Joho the Blog: Public Radio Program Directors: "I'm in St. Louis for the annual PRPD meeting. Jeff Jarvis, Jennifer Ferro (KCRW) and I are on a panel in 45 minutes on 'Technology, Culture and Public Radio.' For me, the interesting question is: Given that the Net is disaggregating radio stations and networks — the content chunks are being ripped out of their play schedules, the listeners are now producers — how should public radio stations respond? They won't and shouldn't just fold up shop. What will the transition period look like?

I think I also want to talk about trust, which public radio stations take as their main asset. Maybe trust is going to move from something listeners give to stations to what grows among connections among listeners. It seems to be a lesson of the Net that you build trust with your users/readers/listeners by getting out of their way. "

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?